Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Which the Sheep Get Shorn

Yesterday was a lovely day!  Went to sheep shearing day at Woolen Meadows Farm in Delano, and came home with some treasures. 

I was signed up to get one fleece--a white Border Leicester/Corriedale cross fleece grown by Isabelle.  Isabelle's fleece is lovely and I'm thrilled with it.
 During the course of the shearing morning, I also ended up sharing 1/2 silver grey fleece with my friend Malla.  This is Carly's fleece, which I purchased in full last year, and now have half:

You have my permission to drool!

Finally, Barb M. brought her angora goats to be shorn also.  I ended up with half of a mohair fleece as well.  Didn't expect that!  I've never worked with raw mohair before, but I'm looking forward to it.


 I have been busy washing fleece today and spinning on my October Frost shetland wool.  I can't wait to get the spinning done, but there are 13 more ounces to go.  I have 9 bobbins of singles completed so far.  Better get busy...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are making me drool! I'm not sure I can wait until Shepherd's Harvest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have really gotten bitten by the spinning fiber bug! �� Good for you! I look forward to seeing what you make with these fleeces! Good luck with spinning for Tour de Fleece 2018!! I hope we can talk again!

    Hugs from Herbalsheila on Ravelry.com

    ReplyDelete