Saturday, April 3, 2010

During which I entertain middle school boys...

Today, I took my nephews to see the movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."  Miraculously, an entire movie aimed at middle school boys without a single fart joke!  (They couldn't avoid boogers, tho.)  Taken for what it is--an entire movie aimed at middle school boys--it was pretty cute and funny, sometimes painfully so.

Afterward, I tried to convince the boys that they should sit on the Easter bunny's lap for pictures.  Seriously, a mall Easter bunny--and it was the creepiest looking Easter bunny ever!  Thankfully, they refused to take me up on my suggestion.

I finally got to Archivers to purchase what I need for product labelling.  I am going to do skein and batt wraps with cardstock.  I think that will protect the batts a little better, and I can print them off my computer.  I picked a color called Pear Crush, which is a lime green, but lighter than the background of my blog.  Hmm, perhaps I should change that to match.

Now I need to design and print some labels, and also my business cards.  Lots of work to do.

Also, I ordered some new dye colors this week from Dharma Trading.  Did you see their April Fools newsletter?  It was very clever, and inspired me to place the order that has been sitting in my shopping cart for awhile.  I love a company with a sense of humor, and theirs is huge.  I also love a company that lets me save a shopping cart for awhile before I pull the trigger.

Placed a huge order for wholesale yarns, too.  Last time I purchased these yarns retail in smaller quantity, to try them out.  They were quite nice quality, so I will be watching for a package of enough fingering weight sock yarn for 50 skeins!!  (Yes, that's what I said--50.)  On top of that, 10 large skeins (100 grams) of laceweight superwash merino.  Yum!

Time to finish washing fleece, so I can get the dyepots bubbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment