Thursday, January 13, 2011

In Which I Make Lists--Lots of Lists

I like to set goals.  I like to make lists.  I like to take on challenges.  Even when those goals, lists and challenges are way beyond what any human being could accomplish in a lifetime.  Why this is, I do not know.  Perhaps I subscribe to the theory that if your list never ends, you can never die.  Or maybe I just like stress, even self-imposed.  Whatever it is, I have signed on for challenges this year once again.  They are as follows:

1)  Knit a sweater a month for 2011.
  • Rogue with Knitpicks WOTA in chocolate brown 
  • Lastrada Hanne Falkenberg kit--started, but need to frog to make a smaller size 
  • Central Park Hoodie--finished sweater, but I need to frog it and make a smaller size 
  • Baby Surprise for a friend whose baby is due in January--this might have to become #1
  • Falling Stars sweater kit from Knit Picks 
  • Kraka--also a finished sweater, but need to frog and reknit in a smaller size. This one is for my daughter, she has also lost weight. 
  • a traditional gansey of some kind, with yarn I purchased in Estonia 
  • Old Port Pullover, possibly from some alpaca blend yarn I have in sweater quantity 
  • Red Palm pattern bohus, from handspun yarn 
  • Oatmeal Cardigan with Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mills grey--sweater in process
  • October Frost out of handspun--Spinning in process
  • Cassidy
2) Finish 26 Pair Plunge of Socks by June 1, 2011
This is one of those challenges I signed up for last year, but I have been knitting along on a lot of things, not just socks.  I actually have no idea how many pairs I have made so far--the challenge started June 1, 2010.  I think it should be just under 10 pairs so far.  I could still finish this challenge, but I have been concentrating on sweaters now.  (see above.)  I think I have ADHD for knitting projects and goals. 

3)  Read 52 books in 2011
This challenge should be easy for me.  I read a lot.  All the time.  Still, I have yet to finish a book in 2011, though one is almost done (The Brethren, by John Grisham).

4) I have a Spin Possible list for 2011. 
  • finish 7 more batts Polwarth/cashmere/silk for Rosalind shawl 
  • spin Shetland roving for October Frost sweater
  • finish spinning Shetland roving for Red Palm Bohus-type sweater 
  • finish some merino laceweight in Garden Party colorway--about 4 oz 
  • finish chain-plying Louet Northern Lights roving for sock yarn--FINISHED 1/9/11
  • finish some superwash merino laceweight--about 4 oz 
  • finish merino/tencel blend in laceweight on my Bosworth spindle 
  • finish about 1/2 oz purple roving on Dragonfly spindle--FINISHED 1/9/11 
  • card/spin Corriedale/Romney cross fleece with Tussah silk for Oatmeal Cardigan
So I have my work cut out for me in 2011.  Think I can do it??

No comments:

Post a Comment