Monday, January 10, 2011

In Which I Articulate My Challenges for the New Year


Shetland Wool roving
Originally uploaded by rjsams1010
I just got this gorgeous roving from Gail von Bargen's farm. It is Shetland roving, very soft. I am playing with it to decide how I want to spin it for the October Frost sweater from Lisa Lloyd's book "A Fine Fleece."
I have a list of projects to finish for 2011.  I have placed myself on a "yarn diet."  No new puchases of yarn until I use up some of my stash.  When I made a list, I discovered that I have enough yarn  or fiber in sweater quantities to make a sweater a month for the whole year!  So I joined the Sweater a Month challenge on Ravelry, and that is my goal.  I'll try to keep posting here to track my progress. 

My first sweater of 2011 is the Oatmeal Cardigan, from Spin-Off magazine.  It is a simple design, just a small travelling stitch pattern at the cuffs and yoke of this one-color sweater.  I purchased some Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mill medium yarn in a natural grey color at the MN Knitter's Guild silent auction, and it is perfect for this sweater.  I have both sleeves done and I am halfway up the body, which at this point is just stockinette.  Boring, but easy to do while watching the Packers play football!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment