Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When it becomes clear that I cannot read

Last post I was complaining about the Lastrada pattern, by Hanne Falkenberg.  Six loooooong rows later (each row is 400+ stitches), it occurred to me that the chart contained two colors represented by a dot in the square.  One uses a big dot, and one uses a small dot.  So the pattern is correct, I am an idiot, but I really do think they could have been a little more creative with choice of symbols--an asterisk, a @, something different!

Anyway, I frogged the rows back and fixed the stripe mistake--now there is a two row darker stripe, followed by the lighter ragg yarn.  :-)  Hard to believe that garter stitch stripes could be so hard.

In the meantime, I discovered a half of a sheep fleece I purchased last year that I never got around to washing.  Ooops!  Usually I try to do that right away.  So I have been busy scouring a beautiful Romney/Corriedale cross sheep in natural chocolate brown from a sheep named Mia.  It is really soft--I can't wait for my carder to arrive so I can begin to process some of this.  Mia lives at www.woolenmeadowfarm.com and I believe her 2010 fleece is still available.  Pics to follow.

Next rinse is due, before the water gets cold.

Keep on knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment